Sam B. Ngovo, PhD, St. Agnes School, Class of ‘78
A Peep into the History of Bolahun and Work of the Order of the Holy Cross (OHC) Missionaries, 1921 – 1960
THE LOCATION OF BOLAHUN
Bolahun is located in Wanwoma Clan, Kolahun District, Lofa County in northwestern Liberia. The town is approximately 250 miles from the coastal area of Liberia. The establishment of the OHC mission in once obscured village in 1922 transformed Bolahun into an academic center of learning in northwestern Liberia. The establishment of school, church, and hospital by the missionaries led to Bolahun becoming a center of learning as well as spiritual and physical healing.